Design Manager – Ladies Athleisure10th July 2019
Our client is a large supplier of Women’s and Men’s Woven’s to all major US and UK retailers. Their headquarters are based in Hong Kong and they have trend offices in New York and London and supply Women’s and Men’s bottoms in Casual, Active and Denim.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Designer/Manager to work on Men’s Wovens, you will be based out of the Hong Kong offices. The Hong Kong offices house the main Design Team with a group of Fashion Designers, Fabric Specialists, Print, Textile & Graphic artists and Trend Forecasters, that provide product inspiration and market intelligence to our clients.
- You will have extensive experience of designing men’s casualwear, specifically bottoms, across casual and washed wovens.
- Knowledge of wash techniques for bottoms, ideally with denim experience
- You will understand garment costing
- You must be able to demonstrate longevity in your career
- Team leadership/management of both product and designers is essential
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills are essential in this fast-paced role
- Strong sketching and CAD skills are essential
- The person should have good experience in Market Research and be able to coordinate with the Design Teams of the major retailers we supply to.
- Bachelors degree holder in Fashion Design or Product Development, with a minimum 7 years relevant experience in Design & PD in mens wear
- Ideally you will have experience of designing for the US market. If not then your experience must be designing for major UK/European retail group preferably within supplier
- Confident in managing and maintaining customer relationships and managing projects
- Excellent market knowledge and trend awareness with an elevated taste level with the ability to translate this to commercial products appropriate for specific customers.
- Firm understanding of fabrication and trims
- Excellent written and spoken English
This role is offering a fantastic salary and an exciting opportunity for someone that is looking to work out of Hong Kong.
We regret that due to volume only successful candidates will be contacted